Other ways to help
Lead by example
- Treat these children as you would any other child.
- Use the child’s preferred name and pronouns.
- Avoid gender stereotyping and speak out against it in your interaction with others.
- Intervene when you witness bullying or intolerance.
- Help create gender neutral spaces on school campuses.
- Help create comprehensive anti-bullying programs that include gender identity and expression in workplaces and schools.
- Contact your local lawmakers and request legislation to protect gender identity and expression in your state, city or township.
- Volunteer your time and talents or donate your funds to help educate others on gender identity and gender expression.
Spread the word
Please consider linking TYFA (imatyfa.org) on your website or social network sites, or including TYFA in your e-mail signature.
Follow us on Twitter : @imatyfa
Like us on Facebook : imatyfa
Please visit our online store for books and media. A portion of all purchases made via this link benefits TYFA.
Please visit our online store for apparel and gifts. All profits benefit our educational programs and outreach.